Today we announce the release of the Qt SDK 1.1. It has been a long way towards this point, which many of you have been waiting for. Before going into any details, here are the download links:
|Platform||Online Installer||Offline Installer|
You can also get it on the Forum Nokia web pages here. Also note that if you have installed a previous version of the Qt SDK, you will receive an update notification and be able to download all changes via the maintenance tool.
Rather than talking about the minor changes between the release candidate and the final version, let me focus on what the Qt SDK 1.1 contains and what the major improvements compared to the Nokia Qt SDK 1.0 are.
- This is the first Qt SDK that allows you to create Qt 4.7 based applications and publish them on the Ovi Store, including Qt Quick applications.
- The Qt SDK 1.1 unifies the different SDKs we had before. That way it aims at desktop as well as mobile developers, which helps you to try out new platforms for your application and easily port it.
- Qt Mobility 1.1 is a major step in our offering for mobile applications. Combined with the Qt Quick binding it offers it will allow you to create really powerful and rich applications.
- Qt Creator 2.1 provides you a development environment with all the tools and features you need for creating an application.
- Qt Simulator 1.1 has received many updates to support the latest Qt and Qt Mobility version as well as a simulated environment for additional use-cases. Additional models have been added as well.
- With the Symbian Complementary Package one can install native APIs to be used in your development environment for Symbian^3 as well. This simplifies the development setup in that way, that you do not need the platform SDK anymore for using native functionality.
- The Remote Compiler allows you compile your project for all Nokia supported platforms, also from a Linux and Mac development environment.
To visualize the list of supported APIs and platforms, please check this table:
|Desktop||Qt Simulator||Symbian^3||Symbian ^1||Maemo5|
The target support for the different host operating systems can be listed as following:
|Target||Microsoft Windows||Linux||Mac OS-X|
|Symbian^3||X||(Remote Compiler)||(Remote Compiler)|
|Symbian^1||X||(Remote Compiler)||(Remote Compiler)|
If you encounter problems, please file a bug report at http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com .
In addition we would like to point out, that the Qt SDK will receive further updates in the future. Qt Creator 2.2 is almost finished and will be included when it is done. Also coming devices will be supported and feature updates will be provided to your existing installation, not requiring you to reinstall a new SDK.