Qt SDK 1.2.1 update released

Published Wednesday April 11th, 2012
26 Comments on Qt SDK 1.2.1 update released
Posted in Roadmap | Tags:

The Qt SDK 1.2.1, is now available for download. It  brings increased stability to the Qt SDK 1.2.

The updated SDK includes:
Qt 4.8.1 desktop installers for Mac and Windows in addition to Qt source packages. Qt 4.8.1 is the first patch release to the 4.8 series with over 200 functional improvements to the desktop and embedded platforms.

The focus of the error corrections, made by primarily by Digia, has been on desktop and embedded platforms with a large number of fixes focussed on QtCore, QtGUI and QtNetwork.  For more details please see: Qt 4.8 library release

Increased ease targeting Nokia N9 through bug fixes and added functionality
The added functionality in the Qt SDK 1.2.1 relates mainly to improved runtimes for testing. The Simulator now supports both landscape and portrait orientations. In addition, the Qt Quick Components in the Simulator have been upgraded to use the same version as is on the device. There are now three separate QEMU images – one each for PR1.0, PR1.1 and PR1.2.

In the last weeks there have also been some other updates that will help you with your Nokia N9 development:
An example application showcasing key Harmattan APIs. The application shows how to utilize Qt Mobility interfaces (e.g. maps, multimedia and sensor data) in applications.

The Harmattan developer library and UX documentation have been updated. The latter is available online, and the former is also provided within the Harmattan target for Qt SDK.

Other interesting projects
– Shader effects using QML. Have you noticed / tested the Qt.labs.shaders plugin yet? It ships with Qt 4.7.4 onwards, making it easier to make graphical effects with QML.  A Qt 4 version of the demo is available here for desktop and Nokia N9.

– For developers looking at 3D technologies, we released Qt 3D 1.0 for Qt 4.8.1 today.

Enjoy,
Daniel

Posted in Roadmap | Tags:

gabriel9 says:

Great, can’t wait to try it out.

Alex says:

Why Qt Components for harmattan till now are not visible in QML designer ?

anon says:

somebody tell Mowhi that this crap is not working. RemoteCompiler plugin error on os x! This update just broke a perfectly working older version!

Spug says:

I tried the offline windows installer QtSdk-offline-win-x86-v1_2_1.exe and it does not start. I hangs after a couple of seconds.

ammoniak says:

I just bought a mac, i thinking qt was working on …. how can i do with my mac …

heru says:

Offline QtSDK for windows doesn’t exist ? it’s says the URL doesn’t valid ?

zhxt says:

Is there a seperate emulator install package for download?
It seems the emulator does not included in QtSDK .

mv says:

Harmattan UX Guidelines site is excellent! Thanks to anybody involved.

falt says:

@anon
The problem is under investigation, hopefully we can provide fix via online update soon.
@heru
The download link works at least now

janpod says:

RemoteCompiler on linux is broken as well. Cannot authenticate!

falt says:

@janpod
Could you please see if this is helps: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTSDK-433

falt says:

@anon
The Mac RemoteCompiler plugin was fixed and update is now available via maintenance tool.

janpod says:

@falt
Thank you. It appears that libopenssl-devel package is required on openSUSE. Now logging in works.

anon says:

@falt
thank you for the quick fix. I tried it now and it works great. 🙂

AlexTAI says:

Is this possible to publich md5 checksums for offline installers and fix sizes for sdk downloads on the Download page?
For Windows Sdk the size stated on download page is 1.3 Gb – but it’s 1.7 when you download it. For Mac it says 1.2 Gb but when you download you get 760 Mb.
Either the info on Download page is wrong and the downloads are broken.
Thank you in advance.

Alexandra Leisse says:

The download page on qt.nokia.com now has the correct sizes. I am looking into the checksums next.

nfx says:

Can someone please tell me what’s wrong with the offline windows installer QtSdk-offline-win-x86-v1_2_1.exe? It just does not start! and i can’t wait to get my hands dirty with Qt.

khankarim103 says:

Either the info on Download page is wrong and the downloads are broken.
Thank you in advance.

nfx says:

Is Nokia doing anything to fix the broken download page for the offline windows installer QtSdk-offline-win-x86-v1_2_1.exe?

Malek khlif says:

For Qt SDK 4.8.1
When I Compile With Qt Desktop 4.7.4 – Mingw 4.4 i have the probleme:
libstdc++.a: could not read symbols: No more archived files
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

And When I Compile With Qt Desktop 4.8.4 – Mingw I Have The Probleme
:0: Using OS scope before setting MAKEFILE_GENERATOR

Help Me Please

Alex Tiras says:

When I Install Qt SDK version 1.2.1 Offline for Windows I found That
QtSDKDesktopQt4.8.1mingwmkspecswin32-g++qmake.conf Is Empty (0 KiloOctet) So I Can’t Compile My Application For Desktop

But If I User Qt 4.7.4 I Have This Probleme In Compilation:
libstdc++.a: could not read symbols: No more archived files

The windows offline installer is corrupted. It’s about 1.7 Gb on my end. The checksum you provided as SHA1 hash is actually MD5.

Update
The functioning offline installer for Windows XP is at http://www.developer.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.com/id/da8df288-e615-443d-be5c-00c8a72435f8/Qt_SDK.html
which has the correct SHA1 hash, rather than an MD5 hash
not
Seems none of the installers work at