We are happy to announce the Qt Creator 3.2.0 release today. This release adds many smaller and larger features, as well as fixing bugs. A few examples:
- Block selections in text editors now allow you to do “column editing”, meaning that all selected lines are edited simultaneously (Qt Creator Manual)
- Context help can now be configured to open in an external window (without disabling Help mode)
- Support for C99 designated initializers and concatenated strings was added to the C++ code model, as well as improvements to encoding handling and lambda support and many other things
- More panes are now searchable with Ctrl+F, for example the project tree
- The QML profiler received many performance and stability improvements again
Also have a look at our change log, for a more complete overview. I also want to thank the more than 50 contributors to this version of Qt Creator.
You find the opensource version on the Qt Project download page, and Enterprise packages on the Qt Account Portal. Please post issues in our bug tracker. You also can find us on IRC on #qt-creator on irc.freenode.net, and on the Qt Creator mailing list.
Note: With Qt Creator 3.2 we drop support for OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). The technical reason for this is that Apple does not support any kind of C++11 on that OS version. Of course that does not affect on which platforms you can run your Qt applications on. But it is not possible to run the Qt Creator 3.2 binaries on 10.6, and it also is not possible to compile Qt Creator 3.2 on 10.6 with the tool chains provided by Apple.