Tuukka Turunen

Qt 5.3.2 Released with Qt Creator 3.2.1

Published Tuesday September 16th, 2014
15 Comments on Qt 5.3.2 Released with Qt Creator 3.2.1
Posted in Qt, QtCreator, Releases

Today we have released Qt 5.3.2, the second patch update to Qt 5.3. In addition to improvements and fixes to Qt functionality it also packs Qt Creator 3.2.1 along with nice additions and patches to Qt Quick Compiler, Qt Quick Enterprise Controls and Qt Purchasing.

Also, with Qt 5.3.2 we are extremely proud of rolling out the new licensing tiers, now including the much-desired Indie Mobile tier. See the blog post about all the new announcements, and visit the new Qt download page for your copy of Qt 5.3.2!

With Qt 5.3.2 we are providing nice set of bug fixes and enhancements thanks to all the feedback and reports we’ve received! Qt 5.3.2 maintains backward and forward compatibility, both source and binary, with Qt 5.3.0 and the latest, 5.3.1, which was released this June. The list of changes can be found from the change files for each module.

The packages of Qt 5.3.2 also include new Qt Creator patch release, Qt Creator 3.2.1. See the blog post about Qt Creator 3.2.1 for details.

We are also releasing nice updates to a bunch of add-on modules for commercial Qt licensees, all installable through your Qt online installer. The new and exciting Qt Quick Compiler gets its first update and we are adding the long-awaited Tumbler control to Qt Quick Enterprise Controls! Here’s the overview of updates to Add-On modules:

Qt Quick Compiler 1.1

The Qt Quick Compiler, which was introduced with Qt 5.3.1, allows you to compile your otherwise-dynamically-loaded QML files into native code reducing load-time, preventing reverse engineering and enhancing performance on non-JITting platforms. In this release we have fixed important bugs and added initial support for projects built with CMake.

Qt Quick Enterprise Controls 1.2

Finally, the Tumbler is here! The Tumbler control is well-known in mobile user interfaces and much used in all kinds of touch-based devices. Now you no longer need to fiddle around manually with PathView & friends (as fun as it is, though!), but you can just take the Tumbler control and customize it into your needs!

The Tumbler QML element

Behold! The Tumbler is here!

With the 1.2 release, we are also improving the existing set of industrial UI controls. See the documentation for full list of pre-made controls.

Qt Purchasing 1.0.1

The Purchasing module that gives you a convenient cross-platform in-app purchasing API is also getting a patch to improve functionality on iOS. For details of usage, see the documentation.

You Got Me at Qt 5.3.2, Where Can I Get All This?

We’ve now greatly simplified the download process with the new unified Qt.io pages. Visit the new downloads page to pick up the right version for you. You can also use the package maintainer of your existing Qt online installer to roll the updates, or existing licensees can pick up installers directly from Qt Account.

Posted in Qt, QtCreator, Releases

Alan says:

FWIW, I thought I would use the maintenance tool to update my copy of Qt and Qt Creator. To cut a long story short, the maintenance tool ended up screwing up both my Qt and Qt Creator environments. It’s not the first time this is happening to me, but this time I must confess I am getting rather annoyed. I appreciate all the work you guys are putting into Qt and Qt Creator (I really do), but please remove the maintenance tool if it can’t be used safely. Now, back to uninstalling everything and reinstalling from scratch. Fun! Not!

Kai Koehne Kai Koehne says:

Hi Alan, what exactly was ‘screwed up’ ? Please file a bug report at http://bugreports.qt-project.org if you have any issues. Thanks.

Alan says:

Well, my Qt installation apparently missed some files since I couldn’t build my project anymore. As for Qt Creator, its binary wasn’t present even though the folder and some files were present.

Anyway, reinstalling both Qt and Qt Creator from scratch (after first uninstalling my damaged copy of Qt and Qt Creator) did solve the ‘problem’. Now, everything is back to normal.

Agreed, I should have thought of filing my issue. I will do so when upgrading to the forthcoming Qt 5.4, if needed.

Reg31 says:

Hi,

The indie package is definitely a great idea, but it is missing Qt Quick Compiler and Qt Purchasing to have the best value for mobile developpers.

Kim Lee says:

I agree. Adding those 2 items make package much more useful to me. Do other agree?

DavidB says:

Maybe on the download for community you can put somewhere that it is Qt 5.3.2. As I am not sure what 1.6.0.5 number is, which is the only number assoicated with the download

Jani Heikkinen Jani Heikkinen says:

1.6.0.5 is version number of online installer, not Qt.

DavidB says:

OK, but no where does it state what version of Qt you are installing. Is the version of the installer even important to the user ?

michal says:

Online installer allows you to install each Qt version from 5.0.2 up to 5.3.2. It wouldn’t make a sense to embed Qt version number in installer name.

chezgi says:

where is offline installers?

Jani Heikkinen says:

We are improving our new downloads page all the time but at the moment offline installers are missing from there, sorry about that. You can download those directly from http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/5.3/5.3.2/ now.

EXL says:

Please leave link to offline installers and source code into qt.io/dowload page. Thanks!

Pablo Rogina says:

Look at the bottom of the page “Offline installers…” -> http://qt-project.org/downloads

gyll says:

I’ve been waiting for something like Qt 5.3.2 for over 4 years, this version is the first ever that really looks polished out of the box (and i mean the the full pack, Qt libs+Creator). The competition out there should start worrying, in a matter of a few short years they might become completely redundant should Qt stay the course.

Tuukka Turunen Tuukka Turunen says:

@gyll: Thanks! It is always great to hear positive feedback.