Eike Ziller

Qt Creator 3.3.1 released

Published Tuesday February 24th, 2015
16 Comments on Qt Creator 3.3.1 released
Posted in Qt, QtCreator, Releases

We are happy to announce the release of Qt Creator 3.3.1. This release of Qt Creator is a pure bug fixing release. Please have a look at our change log for details.

Qt Creator 3.3.1 is now available for download on qt.io. Please post issues in our bug tracker. You also can find us on IRC on #qt-creator on irc.freenode.net, and on the Qt Creator mailing list.

Posted in Qt, QtCreator, Releases

Malek Khlif says:

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood I love Qt and Qt Creator <3

ho says:

When will the new Material theme that was posted few days back be available in the at creator release?

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

Not in a patch release, and also not in Qt Creator 3.4 which is already feature-frozen. Please also keep in mind that the blog post mentions “We have been thinking about” and “an early concept”.

expect00@gmail.com says:

ClangCodeModule fails in MacOS 10.10.2 with XCode 6.1.1. It seems failed to load libclang.dylib even i copy it into QtCreator.app/Contents/Plugins/

/Users/tiansj/Develop/qtsdk/Qt Creator.app/Contents/PlugIns/libClangCodeModel.dylib: 无法加载库/Users/tiansj/Develop/qtsdk/Qt Creator.app/Contents/PlugIns/libClangCodeModel.dylib:(dlopen(/Users/tiansj/Develop/qtsdk/Qt Creator.app/Contents/PlugIns/libClangCodeModel.dylib, 5): Library not loaded: @rpath/libclang.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/tiansj/Develop/qtsdk/Qt Creator.app/Contents/PlugIns/libClangCodeModel.dylib
Reason: image not found)

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/libclang.dylib
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/lib/libclang.dylib
/Users/tiansj/Develop/clang/3.4.1/lib/libclang.dylib
/Users/tiansj/Develop/qtsdk/Qt Creator.app/Contents/PlugIns/libclang.dylib

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

🙁 🙁 🙁

please copy it into Contents/

expect00@gmail.com says:

Thanks. It works now.

Nathan says:

Ahh, this fixes a bug that’s been driving me nuts for a long time. Some include paths in a cmake project were not being included for the code model, so all of the types defined in headers in those paths were not being auto-completed. That’s gone now. Thank you so much! 😀

I note that when I enable the Clang code model on my C++ project, auto-complete stops working. I’ve tried restarting QtC after enabling the clang code modeling, but auto-completion still does not work (the menu of possible completions never appears). I realize the clang code modeling is still experimental, so is this expected behavior?

I am referencing http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qtcreator-3.3/creator-clang-codemodel.html for instructions on using the clang model.

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

It definitely is still experimental for a reason, and it is destined to still change a lot before we can say that it isn’t anymore. That said, it should show you completion. So, does it never even appear when you explicitly use ctrl+space? Does it work with a simple dummy “Qt Widgets Application” project?

Nathan says:

It does not appear even if I use ctrl-space in my normal project, but the highlighting works, and following symbols with F2 works at least as well as with the built-in model. But even if I do something simple like:

int abcdef;
abcd

in main() of my normal project, I get nothing.

It seems to work pretty well in a dummy widgets project. If I type “ui.” it doesn’t automatically change it to “ui->”, but if I type “ui->” it begins suggesting methods of ui.

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

Please report a bug on https://bugreports.qt.io

Michael says:

Is the python editor in QtCreator going to get some love? At the moment the plugin doesnt seem to do anything except some indentation.

It would be fairly simple to integrate python-jedi with QtCreator

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

The core team does currently not have any plans for improving Python coding in Qt Creator, but we’ll be happy to receive contributions (like the current state is as well).

christoph says:

Sadly, cmake support appears to be as broken for me as it was in 3.3.0.

3.2.2 is fine finding and parsing our project. 3.3 finds only heads in the same directory.

Maciek says:

There is a bug with handling CMake projects, in which either source or build directory is a symlink: QTCREATORBUG-13582

Sadly, the bug has been marked as “not important”

christoph says:

Thanks for the information. Did you experience this problem before 3.3?

Even though we don’t use a symlinked build directory, I think our project layout is rather special with a lot of indirect references that get expanded to full paths in the cmake definitions. So we might face a similar issue after all…

If I manage to compile qtc on my dated Ubuntu 12.04 I will give your patch a try.

christoph says:

Unfortunately I’m facing a different problem than your patch solves. Same problem with and without patch. 🙁