Tuukka Turunen

Qt 5.7.1 Released

Published Wednesday December 14th, 2016
18 Comments on Qt 5.7.1 Released
Posted in Dev Loop, Releases

Qt 5.7.1 has been released today. It contains all the latest bug fixes and improvements, including everything from Qt 5.6.2 patch release as well as additional improvements and functionality not available in the Qt 5.6 branch.

The brand new Qt Creator 4.2.0 is also included in the Qt 5.7.1 offline installer packages as well as the online installer.

For details of the new functionality, please check the Change files of Qt 5.7.1 and Qt Creator 4.2.0 release blog post.

If you are using the online installer, Qt 5.7.1 and Qt Creator 4.2.0 can be updated using the maintenance tool. Offline packages are available for commercial users in the Qt Account portal and at the qt.io Download page for open-source users.

Posted in Dev Loop, Releases

Adrian Gabureanu says:

Many thanks for the release! I will make great use of it. But there’s one thing that bothers me:

Qt 5.7 … June 16th, 2016
Qt 5.7.1 … December 14th, 2016

That’s 181 days. Usually a minor release takes 90-120 days to complete. I’ve been waiting for this release for more than 2 months. Can this process be improved somehow? Or at least provide more realistic dates for the releases? I for one, made some plans. It also involved 5.7.1 and I had to delay them …

@Adrian: Yes, this is an unusually long time. Partly this was due to 5.7.0 in general being considered a good release, so we waited longer than usual before starting to make 5.7.1. Partly this is due to making 5.6 patch releases and 5.8 pre-releases in parallel – our systems and personnel have been stretched due to this. And finally, since we were already close to Creator 4.2.0 release we decided to skip 4.1.1 Creator and align Qt 5.7.1 with the Creator 4.2.0 release.

Thomas Rezek says:

So there should have been an update to the 5.7 release wiki referencing a new updated release expectation for 5.7.1. It is poor practice to show the updated plan for 5.7.1 release as “Nov 2016” when reality has moved closer to the middle of December.

Jani Heikkinen Jani Heikkinen says:

Hi,
You are right, sorry. This was my mistake and we will try to keep our plans and estimations better up-to-date in the future

Kurt says:

Well, then you have to hire more people and invest in infrastructure.

If Qt was some random non-commercial community project, those arguments may have been understandable but for commercial software competing against other solutions must do better.

Jason says:

I can never tell what patchsets make it into what releases.

Can you tell me if the patchset for https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-40338 made it in? It was fixversions: 5.6.2, 5.8
There is no mention of 5.7.1

Jani Heikkinen Jani Heikkinen says:

I checked from git and yes, fix for QTBUG-40338 is in Qt 5.7.1 packages as well

DeadParrot says:

Both the online installer and the update tool show the update as 5.7, not 5.7.1. Is that just a cosmetic glitch? In any event, it should get fixed.

Jani Heikkinen Jani Heikkinen says:

Hi,
This is how our online installer works currently. Qt 5.7.1 is update to 5.7 series and so on it is shown as update to 5.7, not a separate entry. but in the details you can see that it will install Qt 5.7.1

Seamus says:

I don’t like how they are combined now. Qt 5.3.1 and 5.3.2 has a bug not in Qt 5.3.0. I had to install the offline versions of Qt 5.3.0 on Windows, this corrupted the online installers maintenance tool.

I’ve been using offline installers since Qt 5.5. The online installers are fragile.

Sam says:

QDir() is broken. “If path is empty the program’s working directory, (“.”), is used.”, but user home dir is returned. It brokes QFileInfo behavior as well.

@Sam: If you encounter a bug, please file a bug report at https://bugreports.qt.io with information how to reproduce.

guessi says:

Guys, please, fix this regression https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-55558 it breaks alot of different stuff in KDE that worked well with Qt4 back in the KDE4 days.

RWang says:

Really strange issue that is driving me crazy after upgrading to Qt 5.7.1 and QtCreator 4.2. On Mac OS X 10.11.6, XCode 8.1, when I rebuild my projects, some of them can’t be build because qmake is trying to use macosx10.11.sdk to buid it. Although I do not have it on my system. Xcode 8.1 only comes with macosx10.12.sdk. Even if I set QMAKE_MAC_SDK = macosx10.12 in my pro file, same thing. It drives me crazy! The weird thing is this is random, some projects builds with macosx10.12, the others try to build with macosx10.11, which obviously fail. And why QMAKE_MAC_SDK settings doesn’t work? Does qmake pick macosx10.11.sdk because I’m on Mac OS X 10.11? One project it was even trying to pick macosx10.9.sdk for me. This is nuts! I swear all my projects are common desktop projects with no fancy settings.

I had no such issue before when I was using Qt 5.6.2 and Qtcreator 4.1. This is messed up.

liang jian says:

I also encounter the same problem, this is caused by qmake cache, please remove all the .qmake.* folder in your project folder or its ancestor folder and rebuild your project.

RWang says:

Thanks for the tips but it does not work for me. I did not find .qmake.* folder but only a file .qmake.stash. Removed it and rebuild. It’s the same.

Shouldn’t “Rebuild” take care of all of these anyway? Why did 5.6.2 work fine?

Fred Chien says:

I get a problem with macdeployqt since Qt was upgraded to 5.7.1 by using MaintenanceTool. I found a bug issue is already out there and somehow it just appears on some versions of Qt:

macdeployqt works well on 5.7.0 but it is broken on 5.7.1