Eike Ziller

Qt Creator 4.2.1 released

Published Monday January 23rd, 2017
15 Comments on Qt Creator 4.2.1 released
Posted in Biz Circuit & Dev Loop, QtCreator, Releases

We are happy to announce the release of Qt Creator 4.2.1. This is a pure bugfix release, and takes care of various important bugs.

Several properties of run configurations were only initialized when entering the Projects
mode, leading to various issues when running QMake projects, and projects that run custom executables, which have now been fixed.

In 4.2 we fixed iOS Simulator support for Xcode 8. Unfortunately there still were
problems, especially when running on iOS 10 simulator devices.
We adapted the way we start applications on the simulator, and this should now reliably
work again.

There have been a range of smaller bug fixes as well, please have a look at our change log
for more details.

Get Qt Creator 4.2.1

The opensource version is available on the Qt download page, and you find commercially licensed packages on the Qt Account Portal. Qt Creator 4.2.1 is also available through an update in the online installer. Please post issues in our bug tracker. You can also find us on IRC on #qt-creator on chat.freenode.net, and on the Qt Creator mailing list.

Posted in Biz Circuit & Dev Loop, QtCreator, Releases

Ross Tregaskis says:

Qt Creator 4.2.1 from the binaries won’t start on RHEL 6.8, bringing up unfound symbols for GLIBC_2.14 and GLIBCXX_3.4.14. This is a regression from 4.2 and previous Qt Creator binaries since the switch to building on RHEL6 last year. Has something changed in its build environment?

Qt documentation still shows RHEL6 as a supported platform.

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

Our binary packages are now built against the new Qt 5.8.0 binary release, which is built on RHEL 7.2. Not sure if the binaries still support RHEL 6 out of the box. It should definitely still be possible to build Qt and Qt Creator on RHEL 6 with Devtoolset2 (gcc 4.9).

Philippe says:

Hi,

Qt Creator 4.2.1 , build 783 is working, but not the build 787.
Could you reverse to the old glibc please ?

Thanks

Dan says:

Hey, is there a way to change font settings fot the call stack, locals, breakpoints etc.? I understand you switched the font to Source Code Pro, but the font is now much bigger in these views (I mean like 50% bigger, I see maybe a little over half of the call stack than I used to). Windows 10.

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

The font change was only for the editors, so your issue sounds unrelated, and possibly deserves to be discussed on a bug report (https://bugreports.qt.io)

Dan says:

OK, thanks. It seems that it disappeared now after I rebooted Creator a couple times, so maybe it won’t happen again. I’ll try to report it if I see this behavior again.

René says:

Hi,
I know XP is not supported anymore. Nevertheless we could still use QtCreator till version 4.1.0.
Version 4.2.0 introduced an error at startup, but it still works fine:
The procedure entry point RegGetValueW could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll.
Version 4.2.1 does not start at all (not a valid win32 appilcation).
I guess it’s just about enabling XP as a target platform under Visual.
Could you please reactivate it?
Thanks

René says:

PS: I’ve just realized that the startup error was due to the activation of the ClangCodeModel plugin.

Clang Code Model: Error: The clangbackend executable “C:\Qt\qtcreator-4.2.0\bin\clangbackend.exe” could not be started (timeout after 10000ms).

Nikita says:

Also, Qt Creator 4.2.1 uses GetUserPreferredUILanguages function introduced in NT 6 kernel, so it is not a target platform issue only.

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

Qt no longer supports Windows XP as of Qt 5.7. Please use an older Qt Creator release, or compile Qt Creator against Qt 5.6 yourself, if you need to run Qt Creator on Windows XP (but be aware that Microsoft’s support of Windows XP ended in 2009, and extended support ended in 2014).

Nikita says:

I have just updated from 4.2.0 and realised that I can’t launch Creator on my Windows XP. What is the reason? MSVS2015 still supporting XP, so please, fix it.

Eric says:

The same it crashed at startup on my Windows 10.
After manually reinstalling the vcredist 2015 x86, it solved the problem.

Serge says:

Displaying help is broken in this release. I’m working with Qt 4.8.7 and help was almost OK, but now it is hardly usable. Lists of methods, code examples are affected, lines’ height is too small and they overlap. Please fix this!

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

Is there a difference between Qt Creator 4.2(.1) and 4.1 ? Or are you coming from an older version? If you experience a recent regression (first case), please create a new bug report on https://bugreports.qt.io .

Serge says:

4.2.0 was OK. I don’t see my problem in the bugreport you mentioned. I’ll try to make bugreport.