Please update your Qt Online Installer’s Maintenance Tool

Published Thursday April 20th, 2017
14 Comments on Please update your Qt Online Installer’s Maintenance Tool
Posted in Uncategorized

We are about to change the domain used in Qt Online Installations. If you are using an old version of Maintenance Tool, that is 2.0.3 or older, now is a good time to update it to version 2.0.5. So please run ‘Update components’ and your Qt installation will continue working without errors. The MaintenanceTool should be updated by May 5th 2017. After this you may encounter errors when using Maintenance Tool. Note that version 2.0.4 does not need the update as there are no references to the domain that is about to be shut down.

Posted in Uncategorized

Bugfinger says:

Maybe consider saying February 5th or May 2nd. And maybe update the year? Not sure if I am just easy to confuse or if the given date is hard to make sense of. πŸ˜€

Katja Marttila says:

Thanks. I got confused too :-). The date is now updated.

Bugfinger says:

Thanks. πŸ™‚

Jason says:

Well, February has already passed…

Bugfinger says:

The date was changed from 5.2.2016 to May 5th 2017. … If I see something that looks confusing, I point to it even if I can infer the correct form, I still think it’s better to have it fixed. And in this case there actually was something to fix.

Jason says:

I don’t instancecreat edu you make an infrastructure issue a customer one. You could use HTTP 300 codes, a reverse proxy, DNS aliases. Not to mention that the data should just be on Amazon (S3) save for the account login.

Bugfinger says:

Another question: what is this “-2” trailing the version number? It looks like a packet revision number on Debian for example. MaintenanceTool –version only gives me “2.0.5”.

Katja Marttila says:

We had to repackage the version 2.0.5 that why the ‘-2’ is there. The -version does not show the ending. The 2.0.5 version is fine (without the ending or not) – it does not need the update. You can check from components.xml the Maintenance Tool exact version you have installed if you are interested.

Bugfinger says:

Thank you for clarifying.

Mercury says:

I tried to update, it didn’t find a new version. Current is 2.0.5 (Mar 30).

Katja Marttila says:

Then you have already the newest version in use.

Katja Marttila says:

We don’t have a control over the domain that is about to be removed. Until now we have routed it to Qt domain. In normal situation this would not affect users but unfortunately we found a bug from installer that trying to call a remove action to a repository that no longer exists will prevent further updates. Note that this should happen in Maintenance Tool versions 2.0.3 and older, if you are using 2.0.4 or newer you should be fine and update is not necessary.

ber.nert says:

For the curious among us: Could you give some detail on what changes exactly? Which domains are involved? Are there any other changes to expect, different traffic patterns?

Lorenz LΓΆsch says:

I would also be interested in an official statement on this, but considering my research i believe that it’s the https://cdn.qt.digia.com/ domain πŸ™‚