The Qt World Summit 2017 is around the corner: it will take place in Berlin from October 10 – 12. The Qt World Summit is the biggest Qt conference of the year and a great way to connect with other Qt developers to share experiences and learnings. And to get the latest news about state-of-the-art Qt development, best practices and the upcoming Qt roadmap.
A great conference like this deserves an awesome conference app. That’s why we built one, powered by Qt!
You can now download the app for iOS & Android here:
The app was built with Qt / QML and the V-Play Engine, which allows a native UI and user experience across both platforms optimized for phones and tablets, with just a single source code:
Qt World Summit App Highlights
The conference app allows you to:
- Browse the QtWS 2017 conference schedule.
- See detailed information for all talks and speakers.
- Manage your personal agenda by adding talks to your favorites.
- Connect with other conference participants, chat & schedule meetings.
- Get notified of upcoming favorited sessions with push notifications.
- Full-text search of all speakers & talks.
- Auto-cache the conference data & images locally – the app also works offline.
- Gamification elements (a leaderboard) award you for starting the app and for favoring and rating of talks.
- Customize the UI and switch between different native styles and colors.
- Synchronize your agenda across multiple devices & platforms: simply connect your Facebook account in the app and your agenda is automatically synced between smartphones & tablets on both iOS & Android.
Get the Open Source Conference App
Best of all, we’ve made this app open-source on Github so you can use it as a starting point for a conference app. Or re-use parts of the code to create your own mobile app.
There are several more features coming to the app and will be released next week. Here is a teaser what you’ll be able to do:
- Scan the conference badge of people you meet at the conference to get all the contact details like email and company name. You can then export all the contacts you met as a csv file ready to import into your CRM, or store the contacts to your phone’s address book.
- If you want, you can provide more details about yourself, for example what your main Qt interests (like mobile app development) are. By sharing this info, you can connect with other developers with the same interest and schedule a meeting at the conference before it even started.
- Rate sessions. The winners & results will be announced after the conference by the Qt Company.
We’ll publish another blog post where you can see these features in more detail. Meanwhile, have fun creating your personal agenda for the conference with the app and don’t forget to rate it in the app stores.
If you did not register for the conference yet, you can register here.
Side note: we will show how we developed this app in a session at the Qt World Summit and how you can develop an app like this too! If you attend the conference, make sure to watch our presentation in the main room C01.