Eike Ziller

Qt Creator 4.4.1 released

Published Friday October 6th, 2017
18 Comments on Qt Creator 4.4.1 released
Posted in Biz Circuit & Dev Loop, Qt, QtCreator, Releases

We are happy to announce the release of Qt Creator 4.4.1! This release exclusively consists of bug fixes, including but not limited to the following:

Add Existing Files now works again even for the top level project.

We adapted Android support to the changes Google made to the tools in the new Android SDK 26.1.1.

We fixed debugging and QML profiling on QNX targets.

Our packages are based on Qt 5.9.2, which also fixes the issue that menus could open behind the application on Windows.

Get Qt Creator 4.4.1

The opensource version is available on the Qt download page, and you find commercially licensed packages on the Qt Account Portal. Qt Creator 4.4.1 is also available through an update in the online installer. Please post issues in our bug tracker. You can also find us on IRC on #qt-creator on chat.freenode.net, and on the Qt Creator mailing list.

Posted in Biz Circuit & Dev Loop, Qt, QtCreator, Releases

isgursoy says:

Are you planning to fix useless clang code model plugin? It takes 10 seconds to get autocomplete result for years. I opened an issue, assigned someone but he does not believe it is true. He wants to get the project 🙂

isgursoy says:

Correction: I did not open an issue, I posted under already opened bug report.

Cristian says:

You can speed up clang plugin to take 6 seconds instead of 10 seconds. See https://cristianadam.eu/20160104/speeding-up-libclang-on-windows/

isgursoy says:

Do you have any Linux magic? Ubuntu 17, Clang 6.

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

Since a while we use profile optimized MinGW builds of libclang for our binary packages on Windows
(s.a. https://download.qt.io/development_releases/prebuilt/libclang/). We also apply some patches to 3.9, which are backported from later Clang or in review there (s.a. http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt-creator/qt-creator.git/tree/dist/clang/patches)

Cristian says:

I don’t think this was advertised before on Qt blog.

Do you have some numbers about the speed up?

Ivan says:

I don’t have the text file with numbers currently but as far as I remember in the last measurement mingw with profile-guided optimization gave approximately 3/4 of the time that the second fastest compiler provided (for parse and reparse). I hope that information will eventually will end up here: https://wiki.qt.io/Build_libclang_on_Windows

Roman says:

I don’t have any code-completion slowness in 4.4. Do you have your project on github, so we cant try?

Sakari Lehtonen says:

Thanks for the quick fix on the Android SDK issue!

Christian says:

For me, on Windows, the Android SDK issue has not been fixed

Darren says:

I hear a lot about the clang plugin, mostly from people not happy at how long it takes to autocomplete. For me, it takes nowhere near as long as it seems to for other people. Not trying to deny their experience, but wanted to add another voice with a more positive outcome to help add a bit of balance (because we usually only hear about when things don’t work, not when they do), and to help not demotivate the developers too much, because I really appreciate what they do.

Roman says:

For some reason I have the same experience: blazing fast code completion in latest QtCreator 4.4/4.5beta, even on huge codebase (I have 2000 .cpp files in project). It used to be slow in older QtCreator versions, but now developers made some magic. Comparing to QtCreator Eclipse and Netbeans are super slow.

Full disclosure: I have i7-6700k, 32Gigs of RAM and SSD.

Oleg says:

+1. Instantaneous completion with 10k files, 4.5mln lines of code.

Nuno says:

clang auto-complete and code analysis works just fine on my system (linux 64bit), so props to the developers with the good work on probably one of the best (freely available) C++ IDEs out there.

Miklos Marton says:

Many thanks for fixing the Add existing files issue!

LiuHuanyu says:

Qt Creator 4.4.1 in Windows7, default ui font point size is 8, is to small, and the previous version font point size is 9.

aportale says:

It is an issue in Qt 5.9.2 https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-63654 which will be fixed in Qt 5.9.3

LiuHuanyu says: