Qt 4.3.0 released

Published Wednesday May 30th, 2007
11 Comments on Qt 4.3.0 released
Posted in KDE, News, Qt

We just released 4.3.0. The What’s new page gives a comprehensive list of new features in Qt 4.3. One of the things about the open development process we have at Trolltech is that it leaves no room for surprise :). So sorry, there is not a single surprise feature that we have not blogged or publicized already that I can mention in this post.

By popular demand, our changelog now mentions the public task number (wherever possible). You can use the trasktracker to get more information about the change. We will keep up this trend for future releases.

The other day all of Oslo dev met up at the terrace for some cake πŸ™‚ Here’s the 4.3 Oslo development team (click on the image and hover over the faces to see names).

Oslo development team

Here’s our Berlin team (click on the image and hover over the faces to see names)

Berlin development team

Hope you have as much fun using 4.3.0 as much as we had developing it.

Update 1: Added missing team members to picture
Update 2: Added Roberto and corrected Sam’s picture

Posted in KDE, News, Qt

Gopala Krishna says:

Great news!! πŸ™‚
And by the way nice pics. I got to see the whole 4.3 team!
Trolls rock!

Aron Stansvik says:

Cool!

I only wish you guys had a web interface for your source repository. That’s as open as it gets πŸ™‚

Thanks for your great work!

Jure Repinc says:

Just in time for summer πŸ™‚ Thanks for all your hard work! BTW the news is available for digging here:

Paul Eggleton says:

Isn’t Roberto Raggi in the Qt4 dance video? You could presumably cut his face out from that πŸ™‚

Marius says:

Also, the picture of Sam is not correct (That guys name is Don). We’ll see if we can dig up a picture of the real Sam.

girish says:

Sam, I have to say you look very similar to Don πŸ™‚ Sorry about that.

AlKu says:

Hmm, I can’t seem to find the picture for Andy Shaw (Senior Support Engineer)… am I blind πŸ™‚ ?

Yeah, as AIKu said, the support engineers are missing – f.e. Jon Berg.

matthias says:

It’s true that there aren’t any big surprises anymore, but it is exactly those little surprises the whole year through that make TT labs one of my top favorite RSS feeds! πŸ™‚
thanks

girish says:

All right, I fixed Roberto’s and Sam’s picture πŸ™‚

Thomas, Alku: Support is a team of their own. The picture covers only the development teams.

I’m really disappointed that style sheets weren’t finished for 4.3 like the 4.2 docs said they would be. I understand things change, but if it was that low a priority it shouldn’t have been put in the 4.2 docs.