Maurice Kalinowski

Qt SDK 1.1 Technology Preview released

Published Thursday January 20th, 2011
92 Comments on Qt SDK 1.1 Technology Preview released
Posted in macOS, Maemo, News, Qt, Qt Quick, Qt Simulator, Qt Simulator, QtCreator, Symbian, Windows

With great excitement to announce the immediate availability of the Qt SDK 1.1 Technology Preview that supports mobile and desktop platforms. The new SDK is a merge of the Nokia Qt SDK 1.0 and the last Qt SDK, based on Qt 4.7.

The target of the Qt SDK 1.1 is to easily get started with Qt Quick development on Symbian, Maemo5 and the desktop. Specifically this means

• Qt Creator 2.1RC, which includes the first iteration of tooling support for Qt Quick. For all details, check our latest post about Qt Creator
  • Qt 4.7.1 for Symbian (Symbian^1 and Symbian^3) is bundled in the toolchain and is also available as sis packages to install on your phone.
  • Qt Mobility 1.1 for Symbian targets (both Symbian^1 and Symbian^3) adding many new features and fixes
  • The N900 target allows development with Qt 4.7
  • Qt Simulator uses Qt 4.7.1 as well as Qt Mobility 1.1 as a basis for development

The new Qt SDK 1.1 Technology Preview enables developers targeting desktop platforms to use the same setup, features and environment as developers targeting platforms. This eases the migration of desktop applications to mobile platforms (Have you heard about the “Qtest Mobile App Port” contest yet?).

We have received lots of feedback from developers about the Symbian support level in the Nokia Qt SDK 1.0, specifically that it was not possible to use native APIs. In this case developers were asked to install the platform SDK, which required manual efforts. Now we have simplified this by refactoring the Symbian toolchain parts completely, allowing you to enable the usage of native APIs for Symbian^3 optionally. This can be done via the installer or the maintenance tool. Further features will be coming in this area in coming releases.

In addition to this, supplementary packages have been added or received updates. The Nokia Qt SDK 1.0 already had the remote compiler integrated, which allows compilation of your project on a remotely hosted server. Several improvements made it into the latest version, also allowing compilation based on the updated Qt and Qt Mobility versions.

The Notifications API describes a unified framework to create a connection to a server for receiving notifications, of course based on Qt. It is designed to use a minimum of data bandwidth as well as behave in a battery friendly manner, as is required by today’s smart phones. This feature is located in the experimental section of the SDK and will finalize soon. For more details, follow this link.

Concurrently we have fixed bugs we received during the time between the last release and this one for the Qt Simulator and the Installers.

To summarize the platform support of this release, have a look at the following table:

Development Host Desktop Qt Simulator Maemo5 Symbian
Microsoft Windows yes yes yes yes
Linux yes yes yes (via Remote Compiler)
Mac OS-X yes yes yes (via Remote Compiler)

As with any Technology Preview we release, deployment to development devices is possible with this SDK, but you cannot use it for production (meaning that Ovi Store will not accept those applications until it is done with the final Qt SDK 1.1).

Finally we would like to provide you the download link. You can get the Qt SDK 1.1 Technology Preview on the Forum Nokia pages or on qt.nokia.com at the following locations:

Platform Online Installer Offline Installer
Microsoft Windows 15MB 1,6GB
Linux 32bit 27MB 641MB
Linux 64bit 27MB 642MB
Mac OS-X 13MB 567MB

As for the previous SDK, you can chose between online and offline installers. While the offline installer provides everything in one big package, the online installer allows reducing the download size by selecting the components you are interested in. In both ways you are capable of maintaining the installation, adding new targets or removing them as you wish. Also you will get notified about updates provided by us.

We are eagerly waiting for your feedback. In case you encounter any troubles, feel free to report bugs to our JIRA system at: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com and place the items to the corresponding category.

Mattias CIbien says:

Finally a super Qt SDK release…. Cannot wait for the final version.

suy says:

It’s a great thing that you unified the Qt SDKs and the Nokia Qt SDK, because the latter has this great installer, and the former was needed for quick testing of stuff, even if it’s targeted at mobile. Any idea of when is due the final release? Or “when it’s ready”?

Thanks for merging the two SDK versions!

spockfish says:

While this is great….. When will MeeGo support be added?

Vilon says:

Great to hear that. hope to integrate Meego ASAP

Finally! I can’t wait for the final release 😉

Kurta Radu says:

Qt gets better and better every day

Francisco says:

I’m not sure I’ve understood about the Symbian native APIs: is it only available for Symbian^3, or will it work for Symbian^1 devices too?

And thank you for an awesome development environment!

Srikanth says:

I think there is support for the Symbian 1 devices as well.

glehel says:

It would be really nice to be able to build Symbian^3 applications directly on Linux. (Given that the SDK uses gcce and Perl scripts, I imagine it must’ve had Linux roots at some point in the past?)

I tried installing the (previous version of the) SDK on a Windows virtual machine, and compilation was unusably slow (a minute per source file or thereabouts)*, and I couldn’t figure out why (or if this is supposed to be normal). Next I tried the SDK with the Remote Compiler on Linux, but could not get it to work properly, and given its remote nature it was basically impossible to debug *why* it wasn’t working properly. Finally I installed the externally-developed and officially-unsupported GnuPoc SDK (which is a port/partial rewrite of the Windows SDKs to Linux) and -that- works great. It’s somewhat embarrassing when the unofficial solution works better than either of the official ones.

* Running SuperPI revealed minimal differences in speed between the host and guest.

Scorp1us says:

Well, I hope that Nokia starts supporting Android and iOS and changes the installer to be MacApp store compliant (simple path problems). I know they want to service themselves first, but bringing on developers from those platforms would ensure the success of Qt and Nokia phones (if they ever ship a smart phone in the US again) by providing a ready-made app base for those phones. Unfortunately not all iPhone apps are on Android and vice-versa (ignoring the ones missing due to development license restrictions) Currently, Adobe’s toolkit is taking over… and if they win, and don’t target MeeGo/Symbian, mobile Qt apps will be hard to come by or second rate, which reflects back on the platform.

Joe says:

Finally. This was long overdue. Going to try this out later tonight.

miksuh says:

This is great new. This is what I have been waiting for. Finally QtMobility 1.1 is part of the SDK. This allows me to continue my Symbian app development on Linux. I’ll add maps, landmarks etc into my application and then I’ll really start learning QML 🙂

raven says:

How about S60 3rd edition devices? Is there going to be support for those in the near future?

Tim Dewhirst says:

Great news. When is 4.7.x/QtMobility 1.1.x going to be available for apps going into ovi? (or did I miss something and it’s there now…)

Daniel Molkentin says:

@raven Running apps on S60 3rd ed devices works fine for me, even with QML apps. It’s a subset of Symbian^1 anyway.

raven says:

That’s good to know, Daniel, thanks!

popper says:

BTW as regards http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2010/08/24/improving-the-rendering-performance-with-more-simd/
you closed it so i cant ask directly there OC

but it seem i dont know why someone doesn’t port yasm to arm ‘cortex’ NEON SIMD as i understand that would provide a lot more flexibility and far better macro handling ability especially over ARM gas.

there was talk back in 2007 that they would port yasm to the lesser ARM of the time but they never did, will you/QT try ?, it could make thing like direct porting of x264 assembly routines and other fully optimised and benched code easier for instance.

sje397 says:

Just sort out the horrible app signing mess and we’re all good 🙂

Jason says:

Why are the OFFLINE installers so damned big? Twenty seven megs for an offline installer? Is that a joke?

Cristian says:

@Jason Your post is a bit confusing, twenty seven megs is the size of the Linux *online* installer.

I’ve analyzed the Windows online installer and it’s a statically compiled Qt application. Compressing it with upx –best –lzma resulted in 5MB file (three times smaller)

Jason says:

My typo. Why is an online installer 27 megs?

nath says:

We will have a look if we can reduce the size without losing compatibility to different environments.

miksuh says:

@jason

> My typo. Why is an online installer 27 megs?

I don’t understand why you thinkl that file size of 27 MB is too big. It’s nothing these days. Even 1 Mbit/s ADSL can transfer that in less than 5 minutes, using 10 Mbit/s ADSL it takes only about 30 seconds.. And storage space should not be any problem either because eg. USB stick can hold several guigabytes. And if 27MB is too much for you then how can you install rest of the SDK?

Edmondas says:

F-Secure found Trojan.Peed.IWW in this file
C:QtSDKSimulatorQtMobilitymingwbinqcrmlgen.exe

Probably that’s false positive

raven says:

I tested the new SDK on S60 3rd ed fp2 and it works just like Daniel said. However, the Symbian^1 APP TRK seems to crash my phone when deploying to device. Using the correct APP TRK from previous Nokia Qt SDK (s60_3_2_app_trk_3_1_2.sisx) works perfectly. So, should this be included also in Qt SDK?

aportale says:

@raven: Good point. Either the SDK ships the 3.x App TRKs, or it should clearly state that 3.x is not supported. Btw., here are all the Trks: http://bit.ly/apptrk

vladest says:

Great news!

but when we can expect 1.1 GA and Ovi Store publishing availability?

gemfield says:

where is meego?

Carlos says:

Does this version supports OpenGL in Symbian?

Tim Kelly says:

@Carlos: Symbian^3 has OpenGL ES/VG support.
@raven: The 3rd FP1/FP2 TRKs were accidently left out of the beta build, it will be in the first update under /Symbian/sis/

Jobs says:

Could I choose Intel compiler instead of gcc or mingw? cause the primitive gcc is too slow…

anssik says:

“Qt 4.7.1 for Symbian (Symbian^1 and Symbian^3) is bundled in the toolchain and is also available as sis packages to install on your phone.”

It seems that only the Windows version of the SDK contains the mentioned sis packages (at /Symbian/sis). It would be helpful if you could also provide the Symbian^3 sis packages as a stand-alone download, similarly to the Symbian^1 sis packages currently available at: http://download.qt.nokia.com/qt/symbian/4.7.1/

That would allow the installation of the sis packages without Windows and SDK download & installation.

Great news about having just one unified Qt SDK. Thank you for address the top priority item from my wish list…

Thank you for providing just one unified Qt SDK. It will be easier now to have a development environment for all the platforms I want to develop applications for (either desktop or mobile).

Mike says:

This is a great news!!! Thanks guys about that lovely news!

Carlos says:

Tim, thanks for the answer. Last time I checked, the OpenGL Module of Qt was labelled as “experimental” in Symbian (the current version of Qt does not have OpenGL un Symbian) . My question is if this version has OpenGL or is still experimental.

Vass says:

Remote Compiler for Symbian on Linux version work local Simulator compiler, why? How can I use real Remote Compiler on Linux?

Mikko says:

Just make sure you have Ovi Suite installed when you try to use the Remote Debugging features. It took me a while to realize this. Otherwise the tech preview is pretty solid stuff and gets the on-device testing done quickly! Good job, Nokia!

miksuh says:

I have a problem. I installed 32bit Linux version of Qt SDK 1.1 on Debian 6.0 ‘Squeeze’ (Squeeze will be released as the next stable Debian, probably in next 2-3 weeks). Everything works just fine until I try to run something on simulator. Building for the simulator seems to work just fine but when I try to run applicayion then Simulator gails. Simulator window never opens and this is shown in the Qt Creator:

Starting /home/miksuh/Projects/Qt/testapp-build-simulator/tesapp…
Waiting for reply from simulator timed out
The program has unexpectedly finished.
/home/miksuh/Projects/Qt/testapp-build-simulator/testapp exited with code 0

Testapp is a new clean Qt Mobile application project which i made for testing. But actually same happens with every project. Simulator fails no matter which project I tro run on simulator .

The older Nokia Qt SDK 1.0 worked just fine whitout any problems. I uninstalled it because I though that maybe it conflicts somehow with QtSDK 1.1, but that did not help.

Maurice Kalinowski Maurice Kalinowski says:

@miksuh Could you please create a report on http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com so that we can handle this item quickly.

Thank you.

miksuh says:

typofix:

gails = fails

Tim Kelly says:

@Carlos – Open GL ES is supported under S^3.

Romain says:

Yay lots of exciting news !
Now that’s starting to look like a real kick@ss all-in-one dev center…
Way to go guys, and keep up the good work until the official release 🙂

meno says:

tried to install Qt_SDK_Lin64_offline_v1_1_en.run, but it crashed:

mmap(NULL, 16384, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = -1 EPERM (Operation not permitted)
— SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) —
+++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
Segmentation fault

Daniel Molkentin says:

@meno Please file a bug report unter http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com. Make sure to include exactly when it crashed, what Linux distro you are running and if it has any security mechanisms (SELinux, etc) in place and activated. Also, a bit more context from your strace log would be useful.

Darek says:

Thank you for this. I really want to try this “multimedia” things.
ps. Could “windows online installer” use non-system partition(for example partition without Windows) for downloading files?

Chris Redpath says:

Just a note for anyone trying to build an S^3 QML app with the wizard – there are a couple of missing files from the SDK distribution and I believe this will be fixed in an update soon. In the meantime, if you get link errors for avkon{blah}.lib, there’s an archive of files and instructions for fixing it here:

Aleksi Uotila says:

@anssik: I had the same trouble ie. had to install the win version just to get the SIS files… I filed this case as bug: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTCREATORBUG-3571

codenode says:

Just installed and played arround a bit today.

The projects .pro file looks now totally different, how to get multimedia or other QT modules enabled now?
Trying to do an app with an QVideoWidget, but qtcreator can’t find the include file.

weeezes says:

Isn’t 32-bit Intel macs supported anymore :/??

Tom Z says:

QT 越来越好了。哈哈,开心!I am Qt’s fans from china. I think Qt is good.

drix says:

Does this have qt3d with qml bindings built into it?

Serhiy says:

Big thanks for this technology preview. I have builded my project for Simulator, Symbian^1 and Symbian^3. And I glad to see QtMobility especially Ovi Map on Simulator. And using sbsv2 for building to Symbian^3 is a nice surprise.

About some bugs – it has a little:
1. avkon.dso for Symbian^3 – I have seen solution in comments
2. Headers files for QtMobility – I have included they in different ways for Simulator, Symbian^1 and Symbian^3 – I hope it will be fixed in release.
3. libgles_cm.dso is absent for Symbian^1. I have got it from Symbian 5th SDK. II hope it will be fixed in release.

Serhiy says:

4. QtOpenGL is absent for Symbian^1. I hope it will be fixed. But I am glad to see it in Symbian^3 🙂

Tim Kelly says:

OpenGL ES is only supported on S^3.

rahul says:

I have installed Nokia Qt SDK in my windows XP PC..

Is it necessary that I have to remove it before installing the Qt SDK 1.1 TP ??????

durriken says:

@Serhiy How did you include QtMobility headers for Symbian^1 and Symbian^3? I can’t seem to get my simple test application to compile because of missing headers.

nath says:

There is now an update for the SDK adding the 3.x App TRKs.

nath says:

@Chris Redpath: Those missing files should have been added with todays update.

nath says:

@rahul: Yes, please remove your old installation before installing QtSDK. Also please select to delete your old creator settings when installing.

Anonymous says:

1.6GB?

FAIL

Serhiy says:

@durriken
I have found the files at QtSDKSymbianSDKsSymbian3Qt471epoc32includemv and included it as
#include //for symbian^3
and
#include //for symbian^1

just search for you files at file system

Serhiy says:

@Tim Kelly
Why do you think that OpenGL ES is only supported on S^3? I have builded app with OpenGL ES 1 for Symbian^1 a lot of times. 🙂

May be you mean that not every Symbian^1 device has hardware support for Open GL ES ?

aportale says:

@Serhiy: The binary Qt package for Symbian^3 is configured to support opengl-es-2. But Qt for Symbian^1 and below is not (don’t know the exact reason, why). However, do the libgles_cm.ds files help you in the Symbian^1 SDK for “native” Symbian development? If so, that’s imho worth a Jira task. And just being curious: Which Symbian^1 devices are you targetting with OpenGL?

Jerry says:

I noticed that this release doesn’t include the Symbian emulator, is there a reason for that? Since support was added for the use of native Symbian code, wouldn’t it make sense to enable emulator builds as well? Or, well, you can build for winscw targets, but not run them 🙂

Why I’m asking is that I’d like to make unit tests, but run them locally on the machine, not deploy them on the target device. But I couldn’t find anything to make/build for the simulator from the command line. But I can build for winscw, but not run since the emulator is not there…

Am I missing something? Or is the SDK missing something? 🙂

Dennis says:

@Serhiy

I opened a Jira issue for this a few days ago. It was closed as out-of-scope, perhaps I communicated it wrong.

@Aportale if you feel it’s part of supporting the native SDK (which was promised), could you comment in the report? You are more knowledgeable about this.

Ricardo Correia says:

So when is this going to be final release????
Anyone know?
Thanks 😀

Barry Rogerson says:

So this SDK covers the dead Symbian the dead Maemo and because there is no support for Meego, Meego is now dead too.

Nokia will switch to Windows 7 or Android or will be bought by Microsoft and then Qt will be dead too.

Good job guys !

Matt says:

Would it be possible to have an offline installer that does not contain the mobile development tools (it would still offer them as an option and download if requested)? The Windows offline installer is rather large if you are not doing mobile development and have no internet connection on your development machine.

Mark Smith says:

Question about OpenGL ES: You said using the 1.1 Qt SDK, OpenGL ES is supported on Symbian^3. Which versions exactly ? Only OpenGL ES 2.0 or OpenGL ES 1.1 too ? We have lots of OpenGL ES 1.1 code which we would like to port over to Symbian^3.
Thanks in advance for your informations!

David says:

I’m really confused about the whole Symbian versioning system (S60v5, S^1, S^3, etc).
Does this news mean that I can develop native apps (not Qt) for my 5800XM from Linux?

Tim Kelly says:

@David S^1 == S60 5th Ed (Same as was in NDK 1.0). You can access the Symbian APIs supplied, but if you are using bld.inf and not .pro directly it would be a bit more tricky.

Chris Melville says:

Not directly relevant to dev tools, but Nokia really must finally wake up put some proper effort into porting Qt to Android (lighthouse). Developers want to cover everything. Rightly or wrongly, Android is now king on the types of devices that apps are written for. iPhone would be nice too, though I appreciate that that is a whole different level of problem.

h3nk3 says:

Hi,

Just tried to build my project with this SDK and stumbled on to two problems when targeting Symbian^3:

“Symbian1Qt471epoc32releasearmv5LIBQtOpenGL.dso’, needed by …” when compiling for release on Symbian^3

and I also got a problem connecting through SSL using QNetworkAccessManager (I’m able to debug for Symbian^3 so the compiler error above only comes for the release target). All this works just fine both for Desktop (windows) and Maemo (N900).

Ville says:

Hello

Thank you very much. This preview release helps putting this qt-mobile system together much easier. I really appreciate your hard work. I’v been fiddling around with this thing, and having some hard time with Nokia N8 and contact API. ATM I in no hurry, but in the near future I need to get this work.

Iterating QContactManagers is fine. ManagerNames of ‘symbian’, ‘symbiansim’ and ‘memor’y are seen with managerUris. Using manager named ‘symbian’, program crashes on Nokia N8 after my Request (eg.QContactFetchRequest ) gets into QContactAbstractRequest::ActiveState. I’m using async operations.

Running the debugger, stops with messages:

Signal name: SIFSEGV

0x7c7e19e6: blx r2
0x7c7e19e8: cmp r0, #0
0x7c7e19ea: beq.n 0x7c7e1a18
0x7c7e19ec: ldr r4, [r4, #28]
0x7c7e19ee: ldr r1, [sp, #20]
End of assembler dump.

Process 867, thread 868 stopped at 0x7c7e198c: A data abort exception has occurred.

The actual QContentManager creation is:
cm = QContactManager::fromUri(managerUri);

And even checking: if (cm) {..} makes the application crash. I think this could mean some TRAPping is not done, and cm pointer points to invalid memory on application part. Or something else weird.

I don’t know what to do about this. I installed the qt-sis-packages that came with the preview package. Although, I have been playing with other qt-packages also before, so how can I know if there is some conflict in my test N8? I mean, I’m open to any suggestion.

On simulator everything at this point works perfectly, using contactManager named ‘simulator’. Sorry for long post.

Tim Kelly says:

@h3nk3 – Symbian1Qt471 <– You are building against the wrong SDK, needs to be Symbian3Qt471.

David says:

I should have read better the article. I thought this release contained the files needed to develop for Symbian (withouth Qt), but it contains Qt FOR Symbian.
At least, I couldn’t find how to create a Symbian project in QtCreator (Linux 64bit).

Unless Nokia make Qt embedded in the firmware, like Java, I do not see the point of Qt in a mobile platform, specially when it takes 13MB of space in drive C. If you see the Ovi Store, almost all Qt application have negative comments due to people unable to install Qt because low disk space in C.

h3nk3 says:

@Tim Kelly – You’re right! Compilation worked after changing to Symbian^3.

Janne Koskinen says:

@Ville you should create a bug report about that. It won’t get recognized here in middle of comments.

friesoft says:

Great preview so far!

Sadly I can not install the SDK at work as the –proxy option doesn’t seem to work for me. I installed it using the offline installer – but the SDKMaintenanceTool doesn’t work with –proxy (as the online installer didn’t too)…
Would be great if you could fix this
Also QtCreator crashes on clicking options from the menu… should I file a bugreport or is this known?
What I would also really appreciate is if all those goodies like remotecompiler, different platforms etc. would be available for cmake projects… I’m seriously considering replacing cmake with qmake just for those target features…

Thanks for your great work!

JL says:

Technical question:
What compiler does the SDK use? Does it install some version of gcc/g++? On Ubuntu I’ve naturally used g++ to develop Qt software but how is it on Windows?

Hristo says:

QT SDK 1.1 – Poor name! It should continue the numbering from 4.7.1 on!
Call it QT SDK 4.7 if you wish or something.

therohan says:

The Qt SDK 1.1 technology preview provides developers with the opportunity to experience the next step in tools support for Qt based development.

The Qt SDK 1.1 technology preview is available in the following versions and installation packages:

* 32- or 64-bit Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
* 32-bit Ubuntu Linux 8.04 or later.
* 64-bit Ubuntu Linux 8.04 or later.
* 64-bit Apple Mac OS X 10.6 or later.

Check the link to download Qt SDK 1.1 (Technology Preview): http://bit.ly/dIiUGQ

therohan says:

Guys check out the Qt SDK 1.1 (Technology Preview)

* 32-bit Ubuntu Linux 8.04 or later.
* 64-bit Ubuntu Linux 8.04 or later.
* 64-bit Apple Mac OS X 10.6 or later.

H0LL0 says:

How about S60 FP1 FP2 and FP3 will it not be supported anymore?

Everest says:

Launching the qmlviewer.exe we ship with the SDK results in an instant crash on startup . I get the message is C:QtSDKDesktopQt4.7.1mingwbinqmlviewer.exe exited with code -1073741819. have submitted a bug report. waiting for some updates 🙂

Gordan Sikic says:

Hi,

I have managed to compile and start hellogl_es example on the device (N8). The program does not work completely correctly, since only bubbles are shown, but anyway, after almost 2 months of frustration, I have starting point to port my OpenGL programs to Symbian^3…

If anybody is interested, here is the procedure:

* open hellogl_es.pro in QT creator
* choose release, symbian device, and try to compile project; link errors will be generated
* during this process, file hellogl_es_exe.mmp will be generated
* open it in text editor
* on the line 81 change libglesv2.lib to libgles_cm.lib
* from start menu, start:
->Programs
->QtSDK
->Symbian^3
->Qt 4.7.1 for Symbian^3 Command Prompt

* from within newly opened command prompt type the following:
make release-gcce
make hellogl_es.sis

* sis file will be created, that can be installed onfo N8, and started.

At the end, I would like to emphasise that I’m not familiar with symbian procedures for creating programs, so procedure might be wrong. Also, I am not familiar with libraries naming conventions on symbian, so I tried with libgles_cm.lib there are other libs, namely libgles*CM*.lib, that might be connected to compatibility profiles of OpenGL ES. Maybe someone more experienced on Symbian platform might shed some light on the subject?

anyway, I hope this might help someone…

best regards, and many QT programs!
Gordan

Roshkov says:

What about Wacom Tablet Mouse support? The pen works but the mouse does not work win QT Creator or other QT applications??!!!

Venu says:

I tried to build and run an example application on the simulator that comes with the 1.1 SDK, but no success so far. Any idea what could be wrong? No build errors were reported but the simulator doesn’t launch for some reason.

Raed says:

could you please dear developers bring back the feature of selecting QtDesign (UI) or not when we create a project.
thanks