Qt 4.7.3 and Qt Mobility 1.1.3 have been released

Published Wednesday May 4th, 2011
16 Comments on Qt 4.7.3 and Qt Mobility 1.1.3 have been released
Posted in Uncategorized

We are happy to announce the Qt 4.7.3 and Qt Mobility 1.1.3 releases. Both releases are bringing in important bug fixes for Qt and for Qt Mobility, especially for the Symbian platform, and incorporates feedback from the Qt SDK 1.1 beta and candidate releases. In case you are wondering where the Qt Mobility 1.1.2 release is, we decided to skip it due to three issues we found in the SDK release testing, and moved straight to 1.1.3.

Qt 4.7.3 and Qt Mobility 1.1.3 are available as part of the Qt SDK 1.1, and for Qt Mobility 1.1.3, the sources are also available separately in ZIP and tar format. Qt packages can be downloaded from the Qt Download page, and for those who prefer to get it directly from the public git repository at http://qt.gitorious.org. The release has been tagged there as “v4.7.3,” and the changes are listed in the Qt 4.7.3 changelog .

As usual, feedback is welcome via  the Qt Bug Tracker, and for code, documentation or autotests contributions, please head to http://qt.gitorious.org/.

Posted in Uncategorized

Oliver says:

with 4.7.3 still all QT apps are not able to get data from web through a WLAN. for example Molome, Facial, Kasvopus etc…
why? if i go over 3G no problems…

Sven says:

Ok – thats funny. Tonight i downloaded 4.7.2 again – and recompiled everything – now i come back from work i see 4.7.3 has been released :p

knobtviker says:

I experienced the same issue with development of my Qt application.
This is not an issue of Qt but a bug in Symbian.
It all depends how your APNs are set up in Connectivity.
Qt solved 99% of this by using QNetworkSession class but it’s up to the developer to use it properly.
I made a setup using some tutorial found on wiki and I don’t have connection dropouts in 99% of cases.
I hope this info is useful to someone.

Will Stokes says:

So aside from the SSL bugfix, it looks like this release only changes things for Symbian. Are there any other major reasons desktop users should consider bothering upgrading to 4.7.3?

Philippe says:

Indeed, when I compare the 4.7.3 source code vs 4.7.2, there are almost no change.

Guido Seifert says:

Philippe, smallest changelog I think I have ever seen. But don’t let’s complain about it. Let’s take it as sign that 4.8. (or 5.0?) is close. 🙂

Tim Dewhirst says:

So, can apps based on Qt 4.7.3/QtMobility 1.1.3 can be published through OVI?

Min says:

@Tim
Nokia Smart Installer distributes Qt 4.7.3/QtMobility 1.1.3. So definitely Yes! 🙂

HGH says:

Does this release fix the long lasting bug with Wacom tablets and especially the bug with the Wacom mouse?

It has been reported many times but nothing seems to have happened so far.

Nicholas says:

As much as I love QtCreator, I also love Eclipse. Would someone please update the Eclipse Qt Integration plugin to Qt 4.7.3 (it is currently stuck at 4.6.1) or at least put the full source code for the plugin for all platforms on gitorious.

mhangening says:

mhangening

Patos says:

I’m still missing thumbnail preview in the native QFileDialogs (it worked in Qt3.x)

leon clisthert says:

Hi,

This may seem like a noob question but anyway..

Is this version of qt (4.7.3) compatible with n97 mini? I just installed it on my device using Nokia PC Suite’s Application Installer. But the app we are working on is not starting up with this version of qt. I decided to remove this qt version in order to install an older version. But I could not remove it anymore. The app installer just tells me that “The selected application could not be removed” or something like that. I checked on the device’s application manager, but I could not find the Qt installations, as well as the Qt Web Kit.

Does anybody know what could be the problem why I could not uninstall qt 4.7.3 on my device? Or is there anyway to downgrade my qt version? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Eckhart says:

Leon, could you file a bug for this? Qt4.7.3 is supported on the N97. You could try to force overwrite the Qt version with an older one from http://ftp.qt.nokia.com.

leon clisthert says:

Hi Eckhart,

Thank you very much for the reply. It’s hard to get one these days. 🙂 I really appreciate it a lot.

I’ve already tried to overwrite the Qt version on my N97 Mini device with 4.6.3 (the one we used originally for our apps), but it only says “Update error”. I repeatedly did this, but it’s all the same. I also searched and searched in the forums, I even started a thread for this, but I still got no solution for this problem.

I might, as you suggested, file a bug for this. My device is now rendered useless for testing our Qt applications. 🙁 I could only hope that someone out there knows a solution to my problem.

Thank you very much.