Eike Ziller

Qt Creator 4.0.1 released

Published Wednesday June 8th, 2016
19 Comments on Qt Creator 4.0.1 released
Posted in Biz Circuit & Dev Loop, Qt, QtCreator, Releases

We are happy to announce the release of Qt Creator 4.0.1.

The CMake project support that was overhauled for Qt Creator 4.0.0 has received many fixes. It now shows a notification when the CMake cache changes from the outside and conflicts with the settings in Qt Creator, with the option to adapt the settings to the changes. You can now also add new configuration values in the project settings.

On Windows, we fixed an issue that the Clang static analyzer could fail to run the Clang executable. The compiler from the Microsoft Visual C++ Build Tools is now also auto-detected.

Please see our change log for a more comprehensive list of improvements.

Get Qt Creator 4.0.1

The opensource version is available on the Qt download page, and you find commercially licensed packages on the Qt Account Portal. Qt Creator 4.0.1 is also included in the Qt 5.6.1 packages released today, and available through an update in the online installer. Please post issues in our bug tracker. You can also find us on IRC on #qt-creator on chat.freenode.net, and on the Qt Creator mailing list.

Posted in Biz Circuit & Dev Loop, Qt, QtCreator, Releases

Younoussa says:

Glad to see that numerous CMake related issues were addressed and I hope that more will follow, especially code model & indexer issues. (see QTCREATORBUG-16278)

Ernst says:

Perfect!
except one thing – from version to version, the same issue: online update is not wworking because of no repositories in INI file.
need to raise a request to fix, I’ll do this

aportale says:

In case you mean missing repositories in “Offline installers”, you can track this bug https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-32122 and vote for it.

Christian says:

Is it possible with this release to state cmake options like “-Wno-dev”?
If so, where?

Merlin says:

I also need the possibility to add cmake cli arguments. My use case are cross compilation cmake toolchain files.

Cristian says:

In QtC 4.0.1 you can add CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE variable in the Project settings.

Marc says:

Anybody else problems with creating a new file?

When I use File -> New File or Project to create for instance
a new C++ Header file as soon as I press the Next button on
the Location dialog after filling in the name and setting the location
Qt Creator hangs.

Mihai says:

I just got the 4.0.0 release from Debian update. It was a very bad experience for me as I have a long list of cmake parameters that I used to copy-and-paste into the “run cmake” window in previous 3.x releases. I also had that nice “short history” feature in that window (it remembers previously used cmake parameters lists).
Does this new release fix those problems?

juls says:

I have recently upgraded from QtCreator 3.6.1 to 4.0.1. The new version has problem in including QtLibs. Despite that my projects are built properly, the includes related to QtLibs are highlighted as warnings and therefore the code completion for QObjects does not work.

Younoussa says:

Maybe related to this issue?

juls says:

Exactly the same problem, except from the fact that the problem occurs in the main project, without having subprojects.

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

Please create a bugreport on https://bugreports.qt.io with details on what platform you are on (win,lin,mac), which project kind you use (qmake, cmake, …), what Qt version, etc

Ugh says:

None of my breakpoints work anymore.

Serge says:

Hi !

I have problem with this version under FreeBSD, Run button is disabled and debug button says “No executable specified”.

Best Regards !

nolden says:

I’m aware of the problem and looking to fix it. If I found the source and made a patch I’ll add that to 4.0.2 in ports.

nolden says:

I did a quick test under a FreeBSD 9.3 vm, there it is working. The issue starts appearing with 10.x systems onward having freebsd-clang as the default mkspec instead of freebsd-g++. I’ll notify as soon as I have a patch in gerrit and a PR filed that includes the patch.

Azarien says:

Is there a workaround for this? Because if not, 4.0.1 should be retracted from FreeBSD Ports.

Also, QtCreator doesn’t seem to obey the name of configured compiler. It always tries to run `gcc` or `clang` even if gcc5 or clang38 is set.

nolden says:

The issue has been fixed today and is waiting for approval:

Setting the compilers differently depends on your “Kit” configuration and your compiler configuration where you need to add those compilers manually. I don’t say it’s perfect but that’s not the issue here (you can only select a configured cxx compiler, CC and CXX are not used etc….)

nolden says:

fixed in https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=417291
so either rebuild your port or wait for the package update to install via pkg.