Today we are releasing Qt Visual Studio Tools 2.0. This is mainly a release moving the functionality of the old Visual Studio Add-In to newer versions of Visual Studio. In addition to some minor bug fixes the Qt Visual Studio Tools now support Visual Studio 2013 and Visual Studio 2015. The commercial version of the Add-In has been merged and there is now also support for Qt Quick (QML) in the free version of the tools. We also made them available through the Visual Studio Gallery. The version for Visual Studio 2013 can be downloaded here, while you can get the Visual Studio 2015 Version here.
- Supports Visual Studio 2013 and 2015
- Major code refactoring, build system updates, and code cleanup
- New wizard system based on the Visual Studio extension system
- Out of the box support for Qt Type C++ Debugger Visualizers (natvis)
- QML highlighting support
- F1 help support
- Missing localization support
- Supports only installed versions of Qt
- Dropped support for older Visual Studio versions and Windows CE
Get the Qt VS Tools
The Qt Company has prepared convenient installers for the Qt Visual Studio Tools 2.0. You can download it from your Qt Account or from download.qt.io. They are also available from the Visual Studio Gallery for Visual Studio 2013 and Visual Studio 2015.
For any issues you may find with the release, please submit a detailed bug report to bugreports.qt.io (after checking for duplicates). You are also welcome to join the discussions in the Qt Project mailing lists, development forums and to contribute to Qt.