Eike Ziller

Qt Creator 4.3 RC1 released

Published Tuesday May 9th, 2017
17 Comments on Qt Creator 4.3 RC1 released
Posted in Dev Loop, Qt, QtCreator, Releases

We are happy to announce the release of Qt Creator 4.3 RC1.

Since the Beta release we have kept ourselves busy fixing bugs, so please take this last opportunity to test and give us feedback. Take a look at the Beta release blog post or the more detailed change log for an overview of what has changed in 4.3.

Get Qt Creator 4.3 RC1

The opensource version is available on the Qt download page, and you find commercially licensed packages on the Qt Account Portal. Please post issues in our bug tracker. You can also find us on IRC on #qt-creator on chat.freenode.net, and on the Qt Creator mailing list.

Posted in Dev Loop, Qt, QtCreator, Releases

André Stein says:

Never commented here but just wanted to express a big, big Thank you to all involved for making Qt Creator a really great every day IDE! I don’t think I will every switch again 😉

Ernst says:

hi team

I don’t remember that previously there was dedicated option: CDB debugging support.
Is it something new ?
or the same CDB extension ? then why this is now independent option from QtC core installation?

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

We moved the CDB debugging support to a separate component. Since it now links against the Python libraries, but is really an optional component (e.g. you don’t need it if you use MinGW), it is nicer if it also is optional in the installer.

RhLiu says:

Does Qt Creator 4.3 fully support Gcc-7.1.0 ?

Tobias Hunger says:

I do not expect problems with gcc 7.1, but I did not specifically test that version yet.

Petar says:

Strangely, we get crashes on iOS when building it using this new creator. The same app runs fine on Android, Linux and MacOS but crashes on iOS wih inUse assert in internal v4 engine function. Switching back to 4.2.2 resolves this. Using xcode with .xcodeproj that QtCreator 4.3.1 created also makes it crash so it seems there were some changes around creating ios projects.

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

Are you sure that you are using the same Qt versions in both cases? This doesn’t really sound like something Qt Creator could influence.

Petar K says:

I agree, that’s what is strange. I’ve tried 5.7.1, 5.8, 5.9 beta 3, cleaned build and whatnot. Not my first time playing with this 🙂
Couldn’t get it to work, changing only QtCreator and rebuilding project fixes it and works with all qt versions. I’ll try to reproduce it properly and report correctly to a proper place.

Jason says:

I’m still waiting for the smart scrollbars for help and output panes… 4.4 maybe? I figure it’d be easy since it already exists for the code pane?

Chris S says:

Can you make it easier to add unit tests? I feel like it should be a case that you ‘Add New -> Tests -> Unit test’ or similar, but right now there is no obvious way to do this.

Completely honest though: I only use Qt Creator occasionally and likely lack a foundation of knowledge most would have, but coming from a TDD background, hoping to get into Qt, being able to write tests easily would be a great addition.

Ernst says:

bottom panel is constantly switching to General Messages.
and I see there only
Generating Done
Configuring Done.
even if I’m forcely switching to other Views.
how this can be disabled? e.g. I want to have a view ToDos visiable , or Issues,
and need to switch to these each time after the saving the source (not cmake scripts but usual cpp,cxx,h, etc)

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

Sounds like you are suffering from https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-17944

Ernst says:

You are right.
However it’s not resolved in rc
I’ll add a comments into that report

Michael Cox says:

Have you fixed the broken windeploy_qt deployment option?

Try it on a dummy app in 4.2.1 and it just give an error.

Donald says:

I could not get this source package to build without explicitly building qbs on my Arch machine with the following sha1: 512704a

Without qbs installed, the build barfed due to missing qbs headers. With the latest qbs tag the build barfed somewhere in the qbs project parser. With qbs master, the build barfed because of a missing function.

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

The source package contains the Qbs sources that were used to build the Qt Creator packages. The Qbs integration might not be buildable against a tag or head of any branch, especially for prereleases, so if that fails you need to either build against the specific sha of the Qbs submodule used in the Qt Creator repository (see e.g. http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt-creator/qt-creator.git/tree/src/shared?h=4.3 ), or against the Qbs sources shipped in the source package (src/shared/qbs/….) (make sure that you do not have the QBS_INSTALL_DIR environment or QMake variable set).

Kiruahxh says:

I just installed this new version.
It seems that the project order in the project list panel is no more sorted by alphabetic order, it is annoying for us because we edit many projects.
Thanks