Tuukka Turunen

Qt 5.12.1 Released

Published Friday February 1st, 2019
20 Comments on Qt 5.12.1 Released
Posted in Dev Loop, Releases

I am pleased to announce that Qt 5.12.1 is released today. The first patch release in the Qt 5.12 LTS series provides a large number of bug fixes and other improvements.

Compared to Qt 5.12.0, the new Qt 5.12.1 contains nearly 300 bug fixes. For details of the most important changes, please check the Change files of Qt 5.12.1.

Qt 5.12 LTS will receive multiple patch releases throughout the coming ~3 years and we recommend all active developed projects to migrate to Qt 5.12 LTS. Qt 5.9 LTS is currently in ‘Strict’ phase and receives only the selected important bug and security fixes, while Qt 5.12 LTS is currently receiving all the bug fixes. With Qt 5.6 Support ending in March 2019 all active projects still using Qt 5.6 LTS should now migrate to a later version of Qt.

Qt 5.12.1 can be updated to using the maintenance tool of the online installer. For new installations, please download latest online installer from Qt Account portal or from qt.io Download page. Offline packages are available for commercial users in the Qt Account portal and at the qt.io Download page for open-source users. You can also try out the Commercial evaluation option from the qt.io Download page.

Posted in Dev Loop, Releases

Nikita says:

Thanks.
Is there a way to use 5.12.1 with MinGW 32 bit? I want to migrate from 5.9.7 but I need this platform.

Oliver Niebuhr says:

Yes you can. As long as the Compiler has good C++11 Support.

I tested Qt 5.12 on Windows 10 with MinGW 8.1.0 (x86 and x64) as well as with the latest official Versions that come with MSYS2 (which is 7.x for x86).

No Idea about older Versions – I just started to switch from VS2017.

Also 5.12.1 Pre-Release tested ~10 Days ago. So if it should not work, please report a Bug to Qt or the MinGW People 🙂

Jason says:

The change files are not friendly. I’ve got to click through each module, or scan a 50px wide list of 300 bugs… Didn’t these used to be in a text file? I really liked the text file.

Can Jira automate this somehow?

Jason says:

Also, breaking it apart by platform would be really great because I don’t care about Windows at all, and the other platforms I have various amounts of interest in.

Joel says:

For Non-Retina MacBook Pro users is needed Qt Creator compiled against Qt 5.12.1 for fixing Font issue.
Also I saw QML Animations slowness in Qt 5.12.1 in macOS Mojave.

qplace says:

FYI: I ran Qt Maintenance Tool to upgrade to the 5.12.1 (I have 5.12). With the choice “upgrade components” I am getting “no updates available” status.

nrw says:

5.12.1 is separate version, not 5.12.0 upgrade

qplace says:

The author of this article wrote: “Qt 5.12.1 can be updated to using the maintenance tool of the online installer.”

qplace says:

According to the text of the original post: “Qt 5.12.1 can be updated to using the maintenance tool of the online installer.”.
So my understanding is 5.12.0 can (and should) be upgraded through maintenance tool.

I’ll appreciate it if Mr.Turunen clarifies this issue for us.

@qplace: Patch releases of Qt are installable as separate items. This allows users to try out two parallel versions – and decide if the new version is fit for the needs of the application. So you need to tick Qt 5.12.1 box to update to it, it is not automatically installed when you run upgrade.

qplace says:

Mr.Turunen : thank you!

Maxim B. says:

It seems that QtPurchasing module has received little attention in recent years, without updates, this module comes to an unusable state.
Please take note about that that suggestion about adding Subscriptions support to QtPurchasing https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-49606, its opened 3+ years and there is still no Subscriptions support added.
Also QtPurchasing API don’t provides methods to query current status of purchases (is product purchased).

NoName says:

I have a code like this which is working in Qt 5.11.1 but not in Qt 5.12.1:

alert(“creating event listener”);
document.addEventListener(“DOMContentLoaded”, function () {
new QWebChannel(qt.webChannelTransport, function (channel) {
Is there some extra setting which i must enable in QWebChannel or QWebEngine?

Kai Koehne Kai Koehne says:

Please consider creating a bugreport about this (with a minimal testable example)

Alex Blasche Alex Blasche says:

Note that Qt for Python 5.12.1 was released at the same time.

Donald says:

A heads up to people who depend on relocatable SDKs that a change in Qt 5.12.1 replaced library link parameters with fully qualified paths deep in the backed of qmake whence mystical qmake variables are conjured from, namely:

./usr/lib/mkspecs/modules/qt_lib_*_private.pri

so for example:

QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL_ES2 = -lGLESv2 -lEGL

is now:

QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL_ES2 = /opt/axe/2.5.5.154/sysroots/cortexa9t2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libGLESv2.so /opt/axe/2.5.5.154/sysroots/cortexa9t2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libEGL.so

which is post me wrangling our yocto SDK. Just trying to avoid people burning time trying to work out where these build time build host paths are coming from.

Michael Cox says:

5.12.1 – There appears to be an issue with font sizing and button text capitalisation that was not present in 5.11.1.

Sometimes button text is not automatically capitalised and fonts appear smaller. However other times it is back to normal. Not sure if it’s a race condition or monitor dependant or what.

Windows 10. Msvc 2017 64. Material dark.

Michael Cox says:

(Found this which seems to cover the issue I raised above: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-71902 – Fixed 5.12.2)

Mounish says:

How to create and Display the 3D image in 3D Graphics Scene of Qt 5.12.1 ??