Eike Ziller

Qt Creator 4.8.2 released

Published Friday March 1st, 2019
6 Comments on Qt Creator 4.8.2 released
Posted in Biz Circuit & Dev Loop, Qt, QtCreator, Releases

We are happy to announce the release of Qt Creator 4.8.2!

I failed to decide which individual bug fixes to highlight here, so please just have a look at our change log for details :).

Get Qt Creator 4.8.2

The opensource version is available on the Qt download page, and you find commercially licensed packages on the Qt Account Portal. Qt Creator 4.8.2 is also available through an update in the online installer. Please post issues in our bug tracker. You can also find us on IRC on #qt-creator on chat.freenode.net, and on the Qt Creator mailing list.

Posted in Biz Circuit & Dev Loop, Qt, QtCreator, Releases

Sylvain says:

I came back very recently to QtCreator, and I was very nicely surprised how good it is (auto-completion etc). Congratulations !!!

m][sko says:

Can anybody push on fixing this https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-74062 . It really looks lame that common stuff as QComboBox don’t draw properly since 5.12 on windows πŸ™
thx

m][sko says:

Are there any chance that Qt Creator is able to speed up debugger startup time so it will be in same speed as in visual studio CDB for C++ debugging.
I really like speed how fast visual studio is.
I like that Visual studio always start application with debugger so I can use it anytime and it is really fast πŸ™‚

Tim Jenßen says:

You can improve the speed for debugging on windows with:
1. keep only the pdb files from what you need (for example webengine in the Qt directory is very heavy, but also others can be removed)
2. Attach the debugger very late – maybe with the help of

#include Windows.h
#include intrin.h
...
while (!IsDebuggerPresent()) Sleep(1000);
__debugbreak();

Slava says:

I have a feeling the quality of QtCreator has degraded recently (1-2 years). With this new release I already had it crashed twice while debugging and had issues changing the variables output format in debug view. The code formatting engine is seriously broken for many years now (try trailing return type with 2 level template, try structured bindings…) and no one seems to care. CMake integration is half-way there with code standard not propagated to analyzers and header files (often) not reported as belonging to the project, etc…
I mean it is a great project and I still consider it to be the best C++ IDE. And I am really glad to see many new features like language server for one. I just wanted to provide the feedback on the overall project quality how it is perceived from the user side, just in case you did not know πŸ™‚

Sander says:

Even though I have had occasional crashes (not with the latest updates though), ever since the integration of the clang code model with error checking my productivity drastically increased. Just to give a different perspective from the user side.