Eike Ziller

Qt Creator 4.9 RC released

Published Wednesday March 27th, 2019
8 Comments on Qt Creator 4.9 RC released
Posted in Dev Loop, Qt, QtCreator, Releases

We are happy to announce the release of Qt Creator 4.9 RC!

Please have a look at the blog post for the Beta for an overview of what is new in Qt Creator 4.9. Also see the change log for a more complete list of changes.

Get Qt Creator 4.9 RC

The opensource version is available on the Qt download page under “Pre-releases”, and you find commercially licensed packages on the Qt Account Portal. Qt Creator 4.9 RC is also available under Preview > Qt Creator 4.9.0-rc1 in the online installer. Please post issues in our bug tracker. You can also find us on IRC on #qt-creator on chat.freenode.net, and on the Qt Creator mailing list.

Posted in Dev Loop, Qt, QtCreator, Releases

Louis says:

Hello,

Thanks for your hard work! I like the evolution of the tool, especially about the clang code model that improves a lot productivity.

It just happens that QTCREATORBUG-21709 (probably) is blocking me from upgrading to the 4.9. I tried the beta2 and for like one hour or two on a big project, the UI is really slow, typing takes seconds to be taken into account. After these hours, it becomes responsive again. I disabled clang code model and the result is the same. I suspect something is continuously eating the main thread CPU, even after the “parsing” message is gone.

Best regards,
Louis

Eli says:

Same issue with Unreal Engine via QtCreator. The best solution is to simply disable the ClangCodeModel plugin!

JD says:

Same here, I simply cannot use the ClangCodeModel plugin, because with it enabled, QtCreator takes ages to show any kind of auto completion and even longer to parse a file…
And that is on various different PCs AND operating systems, so it’s a bit of a mystery to me how anyone can actually use it.

CarelC says:

I have reported the following blocking issue on Windows: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-22211

Helmut M. says:

And Qt Creator 4.9 still does not like the padding properties (leftPadding, etc.) and others. See https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-22057

Will Stokes says:

I’ve been pretty happy with the last two 4.9 betas. I’m curious, will the next version but 4.10 or 5.0 and what improvements are tentatively planned?

Loïc says:

Thanks for the .cxxflags/.cflags for generic project.

Is there a list of the required lib version to run QtCreator ? It does not work on debian 8 and I figured out I needed newer version of libfreetype6, lib-dbus, and libpng16.

It would be great if Qtcreator could check the required dependency at install or start to give meaningful error when this happens. But I suppose it is the usual issue with linux distribution and that there is no simple solution for that.

Elie Zedeck says:

Hi, thanks for the update. However, I think it still has too many blocking bugs. I’m not really the kind to report bugs, since the protocol to do so it too long, so TD;DD (too long, didn’t do). So, I’ll just say here as that’s simpler (life’s too short for too long stuffs).

First, in designer mode, have a:
property var members: [{“name”: “member1”}, {“name”: “member2”}]

Now, save it. It will break the value and will just leave [, ]

Secondly, this really needs to be solved, since 4.2: https://forum.qt.io/topic/72970/qt-creator-don-t-switch-to-design-mode-automatically … I mean, we’re talking 4.9 here, why is there still no option to disable auto-opening designer for UI files?

Thanks for reading, and hopefully, these will be addressed.