Eike Ziller

Qt Creator 4.9.1 released

Published Tuesday May 28th, 2019
19 Comments on Qt Creator 4.9.1 released
Posted in Biz Circuit & Dev Loop, Qt, QtCreator, Releases

We are happy to announce the release of Qt Creator 4.9.1 !

In this release we fixed some regressions in the generic highlighter and in the SFTP deployment to remote linux devices, as well as many other issues. Have a look at our change log for details.

Get Qt Creator 4.9.1

The opensource version is available on the Qt download page under “Qt Creator”, and you find commercially licensed packages on the Qt Account Portal. Qt Creator 4.9.1 is also available as an update in the online installer. Please post issues in our bug tracker. You can also find us on IRC on #qt-creator on chat.freenode.net, and on the Qt Creator mailing list.

Posted in Biz Circuit & Dev Loop, Qt, QtCreator, Releases

Michal Lazo says:

Are there any plan to support qt webassembly from qt creator?
5.13.0 beta3 has webasembly version so it will be nice if we can build and run application from qtcreator?
I know it is slow, but at least something 🙂
Now only way how to use qt webassembly is from terminal qmake, make, run
thx

Emil Fors says:

Does it finally fix the super annoying “jumping lines” bug in vim emulation mode?

Emil Fors says:

Sorry, that was meant as a comment to the post, not a reply to your comment.

Marton says:

F10 fixed, hallelujah!

Sam says:

The perf profiler it appears always disabled, has been this fixed?

Also, profiling a remote Linux device kit, doesn’t not work for me either.

Sam says:

Also, I wanted to thank you for this great IDE, the only thing I really miss is an embedded terminal

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

The perf profiler integration is not supported on macOS. Otherwise I am not aware of any issues with it.

Sam says:

I am using Archlinux and I use qtcreator for non UI Cmake C++ proiect. I’m still using the RC version which works well and both are installed from same online installer. I don’t know how to debug the issue, running Qtcreator from a terminal, doesn’t show any error message.

Tom Deblauwe says:

What is the timeframe for being able to do the perf profiler integration on macos? it would be great…

Andre' says:

Eike Ziller Eike Ziller says:

While perf itself is not available on macOS, it would in principle be possible to support profiling remote Linux applications with perf from a macOS host. But see the comment below from Ulf regarding that.

Kevin says:

I can no longer choose a stored password for remote devices (i.e. cross-compiling/deploying to my raspberry pi). Instead, QT Creator asks me to put a password in every time it sends a file over sftp which is extremely annoying and a hindrance.

I could set up the private ssh key stuff, but I’d rather just use a password since that worked before. Is there a way to re-enable that feature?

Kevin says:

Looks like deploying a public/private key pair is trivial, you can just click the Create New… button and then do a login, so I guess the change is fine. Still, it’d be nice if the change were mentioned in the changelogs.

Ulf says:

The problem with the perf profiler integration on macOS is that someone needs to port elfutils to macOS. Once that is done, everything else is trivial. However, that someone is probably not me …

HGH says:

I have MSVC 2019. QtCreator does not detect a debugger, so the installation is incomplete. When will be VS2019 supported properly?

Markus says:

You probably haven’t installed the Debugging Tools with your Windows SDK: cdb is not part of the VS installation itself by default… Try to modify the SDK installation that comes with Visual Studio and check the box “Debugging tools for Windows”.

shweta says:

nice blog……..
good work…keep updating…..

Forrest Leeson says:

“The only Qt5 application which doesn’t use qt5ct theming is Qt creator.”
Found that out too late to avoid wasting 150MB of your bandwidth. Back to compiling by hand to set that mouse wheel to scroll by 1 line rather than 3!